12.04.2011

whelp...


01. I obviously didn't make it through my gratitude days of November. To be honest, it was a little bit liberating to let the whole idea slide. It wasn't an important goal, and I'm always a little terrified that this blog may sound too narcissistic. I am grateful for many things, but perhaps I should be grateful for those blessings as they come along -- instead of trying to catalogue them in one big sweep.

02. It was bitterly cold today. Hot chocolate, toast, and homemade cookies were naturally on this afternoon's menu. I ate each item with relish whilst wrapped in a blanket next to our Christmas tree. 'Twas perfection.

03. I miss home
.

04. I've been listening to the audio recording of Harry Potter at work. It has been a long -- but delightful -- process. Harry just went on his first (and last) date with Cho Chang, and my heart went out to the poor kid. Infatuation is a killer.

05. Mint + Chocolate = Not My Thing. It's a shame, especially with the recent influx of Christmas goodies. Too many treats keep striking out!

Image found here.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

i hope it's ok if i still read your blog! i heard about the temple and i was pretty excited for you! hope all is well!

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

I always enjoy your comments so much, Emma---you have great perspective. And yes, there is no place like home, especially for the holidays. Just like the song says. Enjoy your hot chocolate and Christmas tree!