5.05.2012

several items of business:

01. I had Taco Bell for dinner tonight in honor of Cinco de Mayo. I couldn't justify spending $8 on real Mexican takeout when I had plenty of food at home. I just really wanted a burrito. #keepingitclassy

02. The more time I spend in the country, the more I become convinced that rural America and I were made for each other. Dear Future Husband: Let's buy a big piece of land, raise a couple of sun-kissed kids, plant a garden, and ride off into the sunset on horseback. I'm dead serious about this.

03. I want to go fishing reel-ly bad. Punny, right?

04. My little sister turned sixteen this past week. s.i.x.t.e.e.n. Feel free to have a heart attack alongside the rest of us.

05. There were several kids at Target tonight in dresses and tuxedos, which can only mean one thing: it's Prom season. Is it just me or is the idea of high school more resplendent years after graduation? Think about it. When was the last time you spent $300 dollars to dress up and go miniature golfing?

2 comments:

mjm said...

oh my, i've thought that same thing about the whole prom
experience too! our mothers are saints for letting us waste resources like that! i know i'll have to bite my tongue several times in order to just let my kids have fun with the experience. anyway, yeah, taco bell -- cheap Mexican food is where it's at. too bad it wasn't tuesday!

mjm said...

and becca is 16?! holy crap! i'm having said heart attack.