7.10.2012

cinco cosas

01. I feel like I give awkward hugs and consistently break the cardinal don't-pat-people-on-the-back rule. Patting is for moms and babies -- not friends. Will I ever learn?

02. Antarctica is apparently the place to be this summer. I tried to explain to my new roommate that she doesn't need to bump the air down ten degrees to cool the house off. The thermostat doesn't control the temperature of the air; it controls the amount of time the air blows. Colleges should seriously consider a course requirement called Thermostat Usage 101 because this is the 76,485 time in seven years that I've had to have this conversation.

03. Does the smell of Acqua di Gio remind anyone else of high school? Or their first kiss? Bueller? Bueller?

04. I love button-down shirts. Plaid ones.

05. Pre-packaged Rice Krispies treats are my #1 vending machine sweet of choice. Fate brought me together with an $8 box of metallic-blue goodness while I was shopping at Walmart last week, and I have probably eaten four treats today. Maybe five.

2 comments:

Mallory Jackson said...

was in the mood for some reminiscing and decided to pop in -- just 4 posts in and i'm smiling hard. :) 1. i have been reprimanded soooo many times about the awkward back pat! i never seem to learn either! i still do it to my husband! (insert monkey emoji covering his eyes) 3. did i ever tell you about the old professor in my masters program who wore acqua di gio? it was so awkward for all of us to be smelling the scent of our high school and first kiss while trying to learn from him. :)

miss you like crazy lady! you are the best and such a treasure!

Mallory Jackson said...

ps. #2 - yeah, i feel like i finally understand thermostats after years and years of confusion. a college course would be nice! your roommates are all lucky that you teach it for free!

pps. please write more!